Well, my June classes have officially ended (6 credit hours down!) and I've got the first week of July classes under my belt, as well. This summer is moving so quickly!
As soon as I finished my final exams last week, I boarded a plane to visit Adam in Vienna, Austria where he has been working as an undergraduate research assistant for the summer. We were so excited to see each other and even more excited to be able to experience some of Europe together!
The first day Adam showed me around the city and took my out to a restaurant famous for their wienerschnitzel - and now I know why: It's HUGE! It was, however, incredibly delicious.
Friday we went to Schönbrunn palace, known for its vast gardens and landscaping, among other things. It was so beautiful - I didn't want to leave! Later that night we found the English movie theater (hallelujah!) and a little taste of home in Transformers 3.
Saturday we decided to take the train to Bratislava, Slovakia which is only about an hour away from Vienna. We were excited to get the chance to say we'd been to Eastern Europe, and decided after a half day there that it was enough. Glad we did it, but neither of us care to return anytime soon. Back in Vienna that night Adam took me to a well-known classic coffee shop where I had my first real Apple Strudel (Apfelstrudel) - which was everything I had hoped for and more.
Sunday morning we had just enough time to check out a bit of Prater Park (huge park in the middle of the city, much like Central Park in NYC), including the year-round carnival/amusement park. We didn't have time for many rides but we did manage to make it to the ferris wheel for some amazing views of the city. After that it was time for me to head to the airport and back home to Madrid.
All in all we had a fabulous weekend and felt so grateful for such an opportunity. How many people get to meet their boyfriend/girlfriend in Europe over the summer?! I'm off to Granada, Spain this weekend - check back
No comments:
Post a Comment